Project Landscape Architect/ Senior Landscape Architect sought to join the Leeds studio of Planit-IE.
Our newly established studio in Leeds is situated at the heart of the city centre and walking distance to the city’s many changing districts and neighbourhoods, including Aire Park, a mixed-use district in the heart of Leeds, with an expansive city park at its centre. Our work sits within, and is helping define, many of these. Leeds is an exciting and rapidly changing city and we have chosen to grow our new studio to support that change.
You’ll be working on career defining projects that will help shape the future of the city and wider region for future generations. You’ll be actively engaged in delivering exceptional city park and public realm schemes whilst also contributing to the studio culture and mentoring younger colleagues. A tight knit studio of passionate designers awaits and provides the potential for sustained career growth.
As the first B Corp of our profession in the world, we have a duty to practice what we preach, with a commitment to people and planet sitting equally alongside our better business aims. We are on the journey to becoming a carbon zero business by 2030 and through our membership of the B Lab Global Climate Collective we are collaborating with change makers both within and outside of the traditional built environment businesses.
You will be joining Planit at an exciting period, as we continue to collectively take forward our B Corp aspirations and ambitions and realise our goal to become an Employee-Owned practice this year.
- Post-graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience for a Project Landscape Architect
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduate experience for a Senior Landscape Architect
- Chartered Membership of the Landscape Institute
- Capable of managing projects from inception to completion
- Ability to guide outstanding design and present outcomes confidently to clients and consultants
- Demonstrable experience of managing workloads and mentoring team members
- Willing to help drive Landscape Architecture to lead the global carbon, climate and nature-led agenda?
- Inspired to constantly inquire and solve problems through design at all scales?
- Someone with drive, self-belief and tenacity?
- Someone who genuinely enjoys and flourishes through collaboration?
- As an accredited B Corp, is rooted in its responsibilities to society and the planet, and actively committed to pursuing better business as a force for social good?
- Holds a passion for outdoor spaces and the role they play in the building blocks for life and society?
- Has a vision to create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities
- Embraces its people in becoming an Employee-Owned practice, committed to continual employee engagement and inclusion?
- Commensurate with skills and experience
- Minimum 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Start and Finish times
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Company Pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Support with professional fees, CPD and mentoring with your pathway to chartership
- Annual study trip allowance
Please upload an original cover letter, CV and details of your experience (max file size 5mb) to apply.
No postal copies. No agencies. We welcome applications for any future roles that may arise in Greater Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Standish near Stroud.
As a B Corp accredited practice, we are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. Our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and the stronger we will become.
Whilst we appreciate the advantages of working within a collaborative design studio, we also understand the value to our team members of having an effective work life balance. Many of our team members work flexibly in different ways, including reduced hours and we offer some hybrid working. Please talk to us at the interview stage if flexibility is needed.